Saturday, May 21, 2011

Additions for 2011-12 & June!


So, I have two quick things:

1) Please pray for our Fall 2011 preparations...yes, preparations even now! Specifically (for now), please pray for the construction and implementation of what I'm calling Equip "U", U= University. In a nutshell, what we are wanting to do is categorize the things we do that most specifically fall under the category of 'Christian Education'. One of these things is the Reasons Class that we have taught for the last three years (mostly). But, and this is the prayer request, the addition for this Fall is going to be what we are calling "Mini-Seminar Saturdays" (MSS). The basic thrust is going to be a certain number of hours (5-8ish) on a given Saturday during the semester, in which we will have lectures, small group interaction, Q&A, and just as much jam-packed learning as we can do on a given subject. In effect, we want to further our equipping to SDSU students, and this is one way that we are very hopeful will help us do just that.

The topic list is large and growing, and I'm hoping to get some serious clarity soon as to what we focus on. The plan is have two of these MSS's (I know, we might need a different name), one in October and then in November. If the Lord wills, I'm very confident that we will be able to do some serious education to the glory of God, that students would be further enabled to humbly and passionately proclaim, explain and defend the gospel!
(the pictures are from our Reasons class this past year)

2) I leave for South Carolina in 7 days! Yikes. I'm very much looking forward to it, for I think both the (6) Equip students coming will benefit from it greatly, as well as myself. I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from the COM (Camus Outreach Minneapolis) staff guys as possible. Please pray for me while I'm there, that my fundraising, Seminary work, and planning for next year would thrive the whole time as well! If you want to keep updated with what is going on during the project, follow it on this blog: http://stp.cominneapolis.org/blog/blog

There isn't anything there yet, but soon there will be.

Anyways, hope to see you guys soon, especially since I'll be gone for June!

No comments:

Post a Comment