"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory belongs to the Lord." Proverbs 21:31
Quick update on the summer orientation sessions outreach. They've gone great! You can see me here in this great photo, so you know it's good...
As of now, we have 600+ names of incoming freshmen, and we project we'll have 800 or so by summer's end.
So positive things, so many possibilities for relationships and salvation to occur!
Here's a smattering of some of the summarized info so far:
Out of the 600 names, and on a 1-10 scale (10=highest)...
- "Interested in growing closer to God": 29% (174) said '10'.
- An additional 38% put between 6-9 interested level.
- "Interested in gathering with others to learn about God": 17% (105) put a '10'
- An additional 34% put between 6-9.
- "Interested in considering the reasons you believe what you believe": 24% (146) said '10'!
- An additional 37% put between 6-9...notice a pattern?
- "Want to be contacted regarding the above interests?": 41%(247) said "yes!".
What does this all mean?
"Fruit!" Well, maybe not. We have clearly been granted an opportunity, and right now it means that God might indeed grant true, lasting gospel fruit from the 247+ students that have requested that someone follow-up with them. Would you please pray that God would grant...
- Wisdom and power to do what we ought. We only have 2 full-time staff (Brandon and I), and a few dozen students involved to varying degrees. We desire to follow up with these students in a faithful way, a way that keeps mentorship/discipleship at the center, keeps local church at the center and so much more. We want to be able to minister as effectively and qualitatively as possible. We don't want to sacrifice this for a mass-appeal outreach that in the long run actually neglects the personal, intimate relational ministry that we have come to believe in so much.
- An amplified love of the core thing, the gospel of Christ. Pray God would grow our heart not to grow our ministry, but to grow in our love of him that would spill over to more and more people who are still in their sin.
|Brandon explaining Equip to a freshmen guy|
|Brooke, Jon and Taylor volunteering|
|Jon and Karissa volunteering a couple weeks ago...who are now engaged!|
|Filling out one of the surveys|