Monday, November 9, 2015

One-on-one...to the death!

To the death of sin, hopefully.
Please keep us in your prayers, especially today as I meet with David one-on-one for discipleship/mentorship stuff. I'm reading 1 Peter this morning and reminded that "the passions of our flesh are waging war against our souls" (slight paraphrase of 1 Pet 2:11). He instructs us to "abstain from the passions of our flesh".  If all my discipleship with young men never produced this, never was used by God as a means toward this, it would seem vain and striving after wind. 

So, please pray for this. For today and always in my own sanctification and in the ministry calling that God has for us.

This is David.  He is cool.  He has been hungering after God, and it has been very encouraging! (I mentioned him in the newsletter recently)

No comments:

Post a Comment