Thursday, April 28, 2016

The End of Days

The days of the Spring semester, that is. 

We had a good turnout last night; Brandon preached on 1 Peter 2:13-17, where Peter tells christians to submit to the governing authorities. Brandon did a really good job expounding what that looks like in our cultural climate today. It was one of the better messages I've heard from Brandon. If you're interested in listening to it let me know I can send you the file. It's certainly a challenging text in light of a lot of increasingly hostile legislation and cultural attitude against Christianity. 

Not everyone is pictured but here are a couple of pictures of some of the gals in some of the guys. 





We also had our "Senior Spotlight", where we give several minutes to interviewing and letting our graduating seniors share about their experience, and give advice and encouragement to underclassmen. Deryn Beck is our only senior this year and she did a great job last night Sharing about her experience and giving good counsel to her peers and underclassmen. 


"One thing I'm thankful for is having friends that will tell me when I'm wrong", Deryn shared. She encouraged students to be intentional with their time as soon as possible for the good of their neighbor. 
I would say that I will miss Deryn but fortunately she is starting grad school and will stick around next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment