Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Apologetics tonight

Tonight, I am giving a short message on "Apologetics" at a Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru) lare group meeting here at SDSU's campus. I've been prepping for several days now, and I'm very excited about it, since apologetics has been a fairly significant part of my life and the formation and growth of Equip for the past 6 or more years now.
Unfortunately, 'apologetics' is an extremely misunderstood and badly applied thing. There are very few people who both understand what apologetics really are, and also use them in a way that is helpful for relationships and the sharing and explanation of the gospel. That is part of my goal for tonight, to stick the right understand and application of them in the Cru student's minds.

If you happen to come upon this entry before tonight, please pray for a clear mind, a convicted heart for the glory of God, and a responsible use of my 20-30 minutes (although they are used to 15 minutes, I will simply not be done in that amount of time :).

Also, pray that I could serve the students in such a way, that they would be more excited to be truth seeking, honest and humble believers, especially in their interactions with unbelievers as they seek to share the truth of Christ over the next several weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Btw, the picture has virtually zero to do with this post, it just looked cool and I thought the subtitle was catchy...I'm not actually sure what the point was supposed to fully be.

    ReplyDelete