Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Humility, where art thou?

Being that this blog is intended on being a routine account of my personal life of ministry, I can't help but share a scriptural exhortation that has been insanely helpful for me.

Humility. As I pray for the Lord's anointing for tonight's message on apologetics, there is always a part of me that sinfully is self-worshiping and seeks glory for myself. For me, speaking and preaching can become this, but the Lord brought 1 and 2 Peter back to my mind.

2 Peter 1:3 says "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertains to life and godliness..."
God has granted to us, he has granted to us all things that have to with with life and godliness. This is amazing. I have nothing of my own, for it has been granted to me. If I have godliness in my life, it is because the Lord granted it. If I have life, it is because the Lord has granted it.

1 Peter 4:10 says, "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace..."

Whatever gift I might have, it is because I have been given it. And what is more, it is still not even mine, I am still simply a steward of the gift. The gift belong to God, I am merely called to us what is His, to be a guardian of it, to be a custodian of it, to be a steward of what is in every respect the Lord's. Amazing. When I start to truly think and believe this, pride and self-glorification is absolute insanity, and completely irrational!

No comments:

Post a Comment